Friday, July 16, 2010

Need a Cure!


I know it's been too long since I last posted. As most of you are vacationing and playing, we keep busy every day during the summer, too! But I thought I would steal away from the chaos of summer break and share a moment of my morning with you. Earlier on Boomer's walk after Cam's therapy, Kassidy again talked about how great it would be if Aly could walk, talk, and use her hands. Many times she has dreamed about her sister being healed: A time when Aly runs into our room and jumps on our bed, awakening us and hugging us while giggling and singing. Kassidy accepts Aly and treasures her sister as all of our family does, but during sleep her mind shows her a different "place" where her sister is healthy. And although the love I have for Aly would not increase or change, I dream of a cure for Rett, too.

Can you please take a moment each day to vote for our worthy cause? It's free and it really only takes a minute. And we need a cure! The Pepsi Refresh Project grants money to the top two projects with the highest number of votes. With the awarding of money, research continues. Research that already has reversed symptoms in mice who have the MECP2 mutation. REVERSAL even in severally affected mice! I include partners of IRSF who pledge to vote for our cause in return for our votes for theirs. Once a day, everyday, please click on the link and vote for each one listed: http://www.refresheverything.com/search/?q=rett+sophias+diannah+skip.program.children+criger+scapini&ic=0&im=0 .

Thanks and have a happy summer, MR7